Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

19th FIRING, 12th GLAZE FIRING!



 This green casserole turned out just as I expected, which is unusual.  It's hard for me to duplicate what I do but this is  the second piece I've done with the same effects!  (The large vase in the previous post...)  Love it.





 Thanks to the kids at Wirt County High School for telling me about their favorite glazes--now they are my favorite glazes too!
 The front mug above and the back mug below were made by Karlee Wyer.   I hope she doesn't think she's ever going to get them back!   (:


Below my poor teapot:  the lid stuck to the body.  I've ground it a bit with the Dremmel, tried hot water, now I've poured in some water and put it in the freezer to try Diana's suggestion of letting it melt a bit and see if the block of ice will drop down and release the lid when turned upside down.  If that doesn't work, I'll grind it some more.    My, but it's a strange glaze,eh?






These mugs are my all time favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry it's such a poor quality picture.)

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazingly creative gal! Beautiful! Tell Terry that the green casserole is perfect for some Moroccan lamb tangine. And couscous, oh my......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the process makes me want to come down there and dive into the clay.

    ReplyDelete