Total Pageviews

Friday, September 28, 2012

Welcome! I'm back! There's been no killing frost but I have given up the battle against the weeds. I harvest tomatoes once a week and stick out my tongue at the big weeds that won the war. They'll get theirs! I didn't expect the glaze (Coyote Cone 6 Blue Purple) to run this much, but it's kind of interesting...
I also fired the pieces I made at the Lidded Forms Workshop at Capitol Clay Arts Company in Charleston with potter Keith Lahti. All but the teapot came out well, the teapot lid is permanently fused to the body and in fact the lid broke in our efforts to release it. This one is the "winner" in the last firing:
Here are the others:
Sorry this photo shows the lid off set...
I'm firing as I type and will be able to open the kiln again on Sunday. In this firing I have the double walled vase pictured previously and a set of little bowls with one larger bowl. I hope they come out beautiful!!! ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment