Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

AUTUMN LEAVES

AUTUMN LEAVES


 


These bone-dry mugs carry the shapes of autumn leaves that fell to the ground last fall.   Their colors were so brilliant, in high contrast and beautifully designed, I hated to let them fade and crinkle up without some sort of honoring.  The leaves became stencils so when the surface around them was sponged down it made them stand proud.  

     They are painted with the American Art Clay Company underglaze paints Deanna ‘gave’ me.  They were one of those givings that come into your life and are just what you wanted but didn’t even know it.  Incredulous as to why she would give up such a treasure, since she works in clay too, she simply said, “If I need them…I’ll know where they are.”    



    
     Using these glazes was like water color painting!  I’m excited to see how they look when fired.  Many of my pots are going to want a transparent glaze on them.  When we get the kiln connected it will be a whole new world that should keep me out of trouble for the rest of my days.    

mec
ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment