Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

STAMP MADE FOR ME BY NATE


     A gift from my son, this stamp has turned out to be my new potter’s mark. It works as a “rubber” stamp with an ink pad, it works as a press into a wax seal, and now it works in leather hard clay.



     I was very active with calligraphy when he carved this bit of antler with an initial E and set it into a piece of wood.   It just fits my hand.  Thoughtful little arrow carved on the nether end helps me identify which end is up--information often not at my fingertips.
     . 
 

     I’m surprised that I’m willing to bring it back out to the clay area.  When I first started in clay I took it out there and promptly misplaced it.   Thinking I had accidentally let it fall into the wastebasket which was sitting next to the counter, I thought I had lost it forever.  My heart was broken.    I don’t remember where I finally found it (I’d never stopped looking).  But when I did, I marched it right back to the big house.   Since then I have moved the trash can well away from any surface that could catch a falling treasure, and I have matured a bit.   I want to use it and will just have to be careful and pay attention to where I put.  So many risks in life.
ttfn
mec

No comments:

Post a Comment