Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

CLEAN WORKSPACE, NEW CLAY!

We went to Charleston Saturday and bought 50# each of Standard 213 porcelain, 240 white stoneware, and 266 dark brown clay.  In honor of their arrival I put down a brand new tarp on the floor to protect the wood and to look better than the skanky old tarp we had used originally.   






Here is the view from my work space.  (Poor me.)  Thanks to Terry for letting me use his apartment project until the real ceramic studio is finished. 



I put 25# each into empty cat litter containers.  Two of them have plaster in the bottom, four of them do not, I think the airtight lid will work to keep the clay moist without the plaster, and of course I left the clay in their original plastic bags.  I hope I’m right, that’s a lot of clay to re-soften if it gets hard!


I won’t be working in clay until next week, after special company comes.  I want the work space to look its best and I’m not very tidy when working in clay, that’s for sure!

ttfn
mec

No comments:

Post a Comment