Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Isn't it amazing how we can be moved by something, "forgedaboudit",  then later it comes forth in something we do or make? 

A minute ago I went to Adobe Photoshop to adjust the size of the photo of this round ball of a pot and immediately noticed the photo on the wall behind it.  I had JUST pinned those up on the wall before I sat down at the wheel.  I remember noticing that black form with appreciation as I pinned it up.   Honestly, I did not have that in mind as I worked up this piece, but I like that it shadows the form.


 This next photo is of a vase I'm working on to try to make it look like an old hunk of iron wood--hopefully it will be a series of organic vertical half rounds, smooth, and perhaps not glazed but stained a soft gray matte.  I'll work on it tomorrow and post new photos when it's done. 


2 comments:

  1. Ironwood is one of my favorites to see when I'm walking in the woods.
    Also, I couldn't comment on your "What is it?" posting, so - It's a daffodil, and I want it. Can I buy it when you finish it?

    Cheers, Buck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, you can buy it when I finish it. Don't hold your breath though, I still don't have a kiln wired up.

    ReplyDelete